Jarov is a local area of Žižkov in the neighborhood of streets Na Jarově and Pod Jarovem. Originally the territory of today’s Jarov belonged to Hrdlořezy (Cutthroats village). In 1900 Hrdlořezy village belonged to the district of Zizkov and had 1007 inhabitants. Colony Jarov itself was built at solitude Chmelnice (Hop garden) between 1912 – 1914 . We can find even today the inscription Jarov in the gable of one of the first houses, in which a cinema of the same name used to be. Further development of the colony then came in the 1920s, when the five class school „Na Jarově“ (1928) was built.